Start to finish, South Island Surfaces has all the tools, equipment and expert personnel to take care of all your epoxy coating needs.
South Island Surfaces installs epoxy floors and floor coatings for those needing a strong surface that can withstand the extreme requirements of industrial floors and protect the buildings surfaces, machinery and employees from chemicals and moisture, UV light, accidents to name a few.
Epoxy flooring is comprised of resin and hardener. Once the two are combined, a chemical reaction occurs and forms a rigid surface that is very strong and wear resistant. These types of coatings bond to almost any surface you can think of, making them an excellent overall flooring choice
Why choose epoxy floors & coatings?
- Easy to keep clean. Because epoxy floors have no seams, they are easily wiped clean, meaning dust and dirt can't accumulate. Epoxy floors are also able to withstand steam cleaning.
- Durable. Epoxy flooring is moisture resistant, meaning they will protect your surfaces for many years to come.
- Aesthetially pleasing. Epoxy coatings are high gloss and available in different textures, colours, and decorative add-ons, making them suitable for any work environment.
- Improved safety. Concrete floors with epoxy coatings are impact, fire and heat resistant, and the high gloss epoxy coatings can improve a work area's brightness by up to 300%.
- Green. Epoxy concrete flooring is a non-toxic surfaces that is a perfect choice for companies who are choosing to be environmentally friendly.
- Great Value. Epoxy concrete flooring requires minimal maintenance and will last for years, making it a long term cost-effective solution.
Types of Epoxy Floor Systems
The strongest of all seamless flooring, created with a 100% solid epoxy that is mixed with sand or quartz sand before being laid by hand. This gives it high impact resistance and above average durability and is great for repairing old floors.
Self leveling epoxy can be applied over new concrete or old, cracked and damaged concrete and creates a durable, seamless and low maintenance floor surface. Also can be found in a variety of colours to create decorative designs or designated work zones.
Decorative epoxy is typically used for is aethetic appearance, providing an easy to clean surface that is not only good looking, but slip-resistant and durable.
Quartz epoxy floor systems bring together high performance polymer resin with blended colour quartz granules, making it a floor that is decorative, slip-resistant, sanitary and extremely durable and long lasting concrete surface.
When sensitive electronic equipment needs to be protected from damage due form electro-static charges in static sensitive work environments. Anti-static flooring is also helpful in preventing explosions and fire when working with flammable materials.
Coloured flakes or chips are layered to create multihued vibrant epoxy surfaces which are durable and long lasting.
Metallic epoxy floors have a exotic glossy look with depth of colour and visual effects. You can even go for a three dimensional effect to stant out.
Safe, easy-to-clean floor systems with design flexibility. Available in both epoxy flooring and urethane flooring systems in a myriad of patterns and textures for light manufacturing and commercial environments. It's ultra-slip resistant too.
Epoxy and urethane floor protection for heavy-duty environments. Chemical, abrasion and impact resistant. Can be configured to meet the needs of static control and temperature-dependent environments.
Dense, stain resistant, epoxy and urethane based systems in an extensive range of flake finishes and color options. Popular with design teams for applications from pharma labs to university concourses. Perfect for quick installations.